LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR DUO (+) UNIFIANT: REVIEW

August 13, 2017


After trying the La Roche-Posay Hydreane BB Cream ( read review here ), L'Oreal had kindly sent me their Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant blemish control cream. Specifically formulated for sensitive skin, the Effaclar Duo has a moisturising sheer coverage in two shades, helping to reduce blemishes, marks and clogged pores. I have been using this cream for a very long time now, and I wanted to get to know the product well, before I wrote a review. Needless to say, this has become a staple in my make up collection and a product that I use almost every single day, either by itself or as a primer. It has become one of my all time favourite products to use. 


I find the consistency to be extremely light on the skin, it's no foundation but it gives the most delicate and natural coverage. It's great for when you wake up in the morning, have no time to get ready and you're having one of those 'ugh my skin looks horrible' kinda days. You literally need a pea sized amount, which you can rub onto your face with your fingers and you're good to go. I find this works best in all kinds of weathers, and it never feels as if there's product on the skin. I have worn the Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant on both extremely hot and cold days, and it never seems to fail me. There is no fragrance which is another plus for me, as I'm personally not fond of skincare or make up products that have a strong artificial powdery scent.

In terms of its blemish control, I don't have very problematic skin to start. I do have combination skin which can get tremendously dry and oily, and I do suffer with a lot of blackheads but thankfully never large pimples and breakouts. When I had first started using the Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant, I had noticed that my skin had become significantly better. I used to have lots of redness on my cheeks and this seemed to disappear somewhat, my skin also appeared a lot more calmer. However, as I've been using the product for quite some time now I haven't noticed a life changing difference. My skin has cleared up overall, but that could be because I don't necessarily wear lots of make-up on a day to day basis, and for other reasons such as lifestyle and diet. I mainly use this product as a light make up base rather than a blemish control cream, as I find this works the best for me.

I have this in the shade medium and its a perfect colour for my skin tone. I honestly love this product and would highly recommend this to anyone. I'm super excited to get my hands on a second bottle, and I hope this is a product that I will continue to love in the future. I also believe La Roche-Posay have introduced the Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant now with SPF, which is great especially if you're looking for a product with sun protection.

Have you tried the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant? What are your thoughts on the product?
*Picture and product featured above are mine.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KATRIA BELROSE. Design by FCD.