YARDLEY ENGLISH ROSE BODY FRAGRANCE

August 21, 2015


I'm not fond of girly smells; over dramatic top notes of floral scent. I much prefer musky, dark, masculine fragrances, and I highly favour browsing in the Men's selection of cologne. I had been searching for a quick pick me up body spray. A little something that would be great for travelling or an on the go product, and different from the typical eau de toilette or parfum. ( I'm far too frightened to be carrying a perfume bottle in my bag. If that shit spills, you're left with a stinking mess ). Most body sprays on the market are either extremely bland or simply a product that you wouldn't consider or opt for, but the Yardley English Rose might have just changed my mind. 


It is an evocative, light, fresh fragrance, combining rose absolute, neroli and camomile, a heart of rosebud and jasmine petals with amber and sandalwood base notes. There are aspects of masculinity with the amber and sandalwood notes, but overall the scent could be justified as 'Grandma's Bathroom.' I feel that most Rose scented products smell like a mixture between little old ladies with walking sticks or those who still think they resemble a glamorous 30 year old. However, I confess that's what I like most about this particular product; it's rich, royal and dusty, and definitely not a fragrance I would wear everyday. The 75ml bottle is perfectly handbag sized and great for travelling, either if you're going abroad or simply into town. No complaints here, I'm embracing my inner Grandmama.

*Picture and product featured above are mine.

4 comments

  1. this product sounds amazing! I am an enormousfan of anything rose scented. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it, it's wonderful! x

      Delete
  2. I love to treat my inner Grammy with some musky Yardley rose too. You're right it's not an everyday product, but it's something I'll wear on a cold day to comfort me.

    www.theycalleditthediamondblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. It's most certainly a scent that's more suitable during a cold day to keep you cosy. Thanks for the comment! ♡

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© KATRIA BELROSE. Design by Fearne.