NYFW F/W 2015 FAVOURITE LOOKS FT. MICHAEL KORS, TOME + REBECCA MINKOFF

March 11, 2015


NYFW took me by surprise. I usually rank NYFW as the least interesting, oops. But from Prabal Gurung, and DKNY, to Jason Wu (also some of my favourites this season), I was utterly baffled.


1. Michael Kors
I've hardly ever been a fan of Michael Kors. I definitely think his bags and accessories are overrated, not one of his collections has particularly wowed me until now. Natasha Poly opened the show wearing an ombré-striped fox bathrobe and of course, what was there not to like? Chunky knits were seen across the collection, a 1930's vibe, paisley embellishments, and unf look at that gold-detailing on the sleeves of that navy blue coat. The teal playsuit had been my absolute favourite, it had glimmered and sparkled as the soon as the entire outfit had hit the light. It was hard to contain myself. God, the entire collection was so timeless, so classic. I'm probably Kors' No.1 Fan at the moment. Time to sell my soul because I need that playsuit in my closet.


2. Tome
The colour combinations were rather wild during Tome. Double-faced camel coats, silky frocks, and long knits worn over longer lace, paired with neon jackets, and lime green to coral heels. A very urban feel, and a colour palette that I personally would not choose from. However, I absolutely adored these five looks and if you want to create a bold outfit, take some inspiration from Tome and throw on some neon this Winter!



3. Rebecca Minkoff
Okay, so if I was being totally honest I hated this entire collection. It was awful, I'm absolutely not infatuated with the murky bohemian style, the fringed jackets and ugly dull patterns. I'm probably being a bit too harsh, but the entire aesthetic just screamed “School Teacher #OOTD.” However, these two looks really caught my eye, especially the biker jacket on the left. Simple, sturdy, and comfortable, definitely a go-to everyday look that can be easily extended into the evening with some heels and a pop of lipstick! 

What were your favourite NYFW looks?

2 comments

  1. The collection from Michael Kors looks amazing! I love the navy blue coat! :)

    X Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of my favourite collections this season! Thank you for the comment M!

      Katria xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© KATRIA BELROSE. Design by Fearne.